Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spoilers Abound!!!

I'm sorry I haven't posted much recently.  I've been pretty busy with various things and I finally got a chance to go home last weekend, so I didn't get to post because I was busy spending time with my family.  To make up for it, here's a really cool deck I whipped up based around the card Puresteel Paladin.

Puresteel Paladin has been spoiled for New Phyrexia.  Within five minutes of seeing the card text, I knew what I needed to do to make a good list for him.

Before we begin, here's the card:
Puresteel Paladin     WW
Creature--Human Knight
Metalcraft--Equip costs you pay cost 0.
Whenever an equipment enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card.
2/2

Right after I saw him, I thought of a deck my brother has that plays Accorder's Shield.  Hmmm.  To cast it draws you a card and you can equip it for nothing if you have enough artifacts in play.  And if you have two, you can play both for 0 each and draw two cards.  Hmmm.  Grapeshot, anyone?

This list is less cheap than the ones I usually post due to the presence of four Mox Opals.  They are easily replaceable with more land, so don't worry about them if you don't have them (I don't).

4 Puresteel Paladin
4 Riddlesmith
4 Vedalken Archmage

4 Accorder's Shield
4 Bone Saw
4 Golem-Skin Gauntlets
3 Grapeshot
1 Lightning Greaves
4 Lotus Petal
4 Mox Opal
4 Paradise Mantle
4 Sigil of Distinction
4 Spidersilk Net

4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Glimmervoid
4 Seachrome Coast

It's really luck dependent, but with "twelve" Glimpse of Natures, its ability to combo out may, in the end, rival some of the lower-end Elf Storm builds.

You can Storm out really quickly (on the first or second turn) and win with Grapeshot or go the alternative route; cast a ton of equipment, stick them on the Paladin along with a Lightning Greaves and Golem-Skin Gauntlets, and bash in for lethal.  To that end, I'm contemplating Neurok Hoversail for evasion instead of haste because most decks can chump for a while.  Not sure which'll make the cut in the end.

Until next time, play on.

No comments:

Post a Comment