Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spoilers Abound!!!

I'm sorry I haven't posted much recently.  I've been pretty busy with various things and I finally got a chance to go home last weekend, so I didn't get to post because I was busy spending time with my family.  To make up for it, here's a really cool deck I whipped up based around the card Puresteel Paladin.

Puresteel Paladin has been spoiled for New Phyrexia.  Within five minutes of seeing the card text, I knew what I needed to do to make a good list for him.

Before we begin, here's the card:
Puresteel Paladin     WW
Creature--Human Knight
Metalcraft--Equip costs you pay cost 0.
Whenever an equipment enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card.
2/2

Right after I saw him, I thought of a deck my brother has that plays Accorder's Shield.  Hmmm.  To cast it draws you a card and you can equip it for nothing if you have enough artifacts in play.  And if you have two, you can play both for 0 each and draw two cards.  Hmmm.  Grapeshot, anyone?

This list is less cheap than the ones I usually post due to the presence of four Mox Opals.  They are easily replaceable with more land, so don't worry about them if you don't have them (I don't).

4 Puresteel Paladin
Riddlesmith
Vedalken Archmage

Accorder's Shield
Bone Saw
Golem-Skin Gauntlets
Grapeshot
Lightning Greaves
Lotus Petal
Mox Opal
Paradise Mantle
Sigil of Distinction
Spidersilk Net

Adarkar Wastes
Glimmervoid
Seachrome Coast

It's really luck dependent, but with "twelve" Glimpse of Natures, its ability to combo out may, in the end, rival some of the lower-end Elf Storm builds.

You can Storm out really quickly (on the first or second turn) and win with Grapeshot or go the alternative route; cast a ton of equipment, stick them on the Paladin along with a Lightning Greaves and Golem-Skin Gauntlets, and bash in for lethal.  To that end, I'm contemplating Neurok Hoversail for evasion instead of haste because most decks can chump for a while.  Not sure which'll make the cut in the end.

Until next time, play on.

No comments:

Post a Comment